Thursday, February 12, 2009

My Favourite Quotation

One of my most favourite quotation that has always inspired me right from my school days is from the sayings of our Prophet Muhammad (PBUH).I also recollect myself putting it on my class bulletin board which i was in-charge .This saying was an inspiration to most of my class mates ... studying in an convent school and was quite skeptic and hesitant about putting this quote of the Prophet,because of the fear of any discouragement or criticism from my teachers or principal since this was run by the missionaries,gathering all my courage and when i put it up ....I was in fact well appreciated for my efforts .....as something which had a lot of importance to the students as well as teachers....the lesson that i learnt was not to have any pre-conceived ideas about anything or any individual (especially negative ones ),having them definitely hampers future prosperity in case something really good is in store .I would love to post my favourite quotation which i think would be of some help to those who are presently reading my blog.

"Acquire knowledge:
it enables its possessor to distinguish right from the wrong,
it lights the way to heaven;
it is our friend in the desert,
our society in solitude,
our companion when friendless -
it guides us to happiness;
it sustains us in misery;
it is an ornament among friends and an armor against enemies."

No comments:

Post a Comment